Home > About Us > School Rules
1. National Anthem and Pledge
- Pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge with pride. The Pledge is to be taken with the right fist placed over the heart. Non-Singapore citizens will stand at attention during the ceremony.
2. Attendance and Punctuality
- Pupils must attend school on all school days punctually. Absences should be covered with a valid reason
- Pupils are not to leave the school during school hours without the permission of the Principal/Vice-Principal or a Head of Department
3. Safe Environment
- Pupils must obey safety rules during lessons and at play
- Pupils are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others
4. Expected Behaviour
- Pupils must demonstrate the expected behaviours aligned to the school values at all times
- The school will not tolerate misbehaviours that include assault, being disrespectful to authority, bullying, cheating, extortion, theft, truancy, vandalism and vulgarities. Disciplinary actions will be taken against offenders.
5. School Uniform and Appearance
- Pupils must wear the prescribed school uniform. Modification to the school uniform is not allowed.
- Pupils’ attire and appearance should meet the expectations of the school
6. Use of Mobile Phones & other Electronic Devices
- Pupils must ensure that their mobile phones are switched off during curriculum hours and after-school programmes. This is to minimize disruption to teaching and learning.
- Use of mobile phones or other electronic devices are allowed during school hours only for instructional purposes, authorised by the teachers-in-charge
- Use of mobile phones or other electronic devices outside school hours is restricted to the waiting area near the guard house
- The school shall not bear any responsibility for the loss or damage of any mobile phones
7. Expected Attire and Appearance
- Pupils are to wear clean attire, socks and shoes
- Pupils are to wear the PE attire only on days with PE lessons and/or CCA (Sports and Games)
- Shirts/Blouses and T-shirts are to be tucked in at all times
- Skirt length must not be more than 3 cm above knee cap
- Name tags are to be sewn on the school uniform and PE attire
- Only white canvas shoes and white socks are allowed. Socks should be long enough to just cover the ankles
- Boys’ hair must be kept short. It should be above the ears, eyebrows and shirt collar. They are not to sport facial hair e.g. moustache, beard, goatee or long sideburns.
- Girls with long hair must have their hair tied up with black or navy-blue bands or neatly plaited. Girls with short fringes should keep the fringe above the eyebrows. Girls with longer fringes should use a black/blue hairband or hairclip to keep their hair neatly in place.
- Hair must be of a natural colour. Dyed or highlighted hair is not allowed.
- Pupils are not allowed to style their hair in an untidy or fanciful manner
- Pupils are to keep his/her nails short. Long or varnished nails are not allowed.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear costume jewellery and cosmetics
- Girls may wear small, plain ear studs
- No earrings or ear-studs are allowed for the boys